Request records held by the OPC

If you wish to request information that is under the control of another Federal Government Institution, you must submit your request to their Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator.

For all Access to Information Act requests made to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner, you must complete the Access to Information Request Form or send a written request fully describing the information you are seeking and any relevant details necessary to help the OPC find it. You must mention that you are requesting the information pursuant to the Access to Information Act and you must include a $5 application fee.

You may send the application fee in the form of a cheque or money order made payable to the Receiver General for Canada.

In addition, if you are requesting personal information that is not your own, you must include a consent to release the information. Consent may be provided by way of a written statement indicating the name of the person giving the consent and to whom consent is being given. The consent must be dated and signed by the person giving the consent.

Please send your request to:

Access to Information and Privacy Unit
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
30 Victoria Street
Gatineau, Quebec
K1A 1H3

Note: The Office of the Privacy Commissioner does not accept requests via e-mail or telephone. Please submit your requests by mail.

Date modified: