Language selection


Report a concern

The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC) can help individuals and organizations identify, address and report concerns related to possible mishandling of personal information. There are numerous ways to connect with the OPC if you need to:

  • find the information you need on a variety of privacy issues;
  • talk to us about a potential privacy concern; or
  • report a concern.

Find the right organization to contact about your privacy issue

There are several organizations in Canada that deal with privacy-related issues. Use this simple tool to help you determine which organization may be best suited to help you.

Ask the OPC about a privacy concern

OPC Information Officers are available to discuss your privacy concerns and provide information that may help you resolve the problem quickly.

Share a privacy comment or concern with the OPC

Use this online form to share a privacy comment or concern without filing a formal complaint.

File a formal privacy complaint

If you have been unable to resolve a privacy issue directly with the organization handling your personal information, you may be able to file a formal complaint with the OPC.

Report spam

Learn how to report SPAM under Canada’s anti-spam legislation (CASL).

Report a privacy breach at your organization

Businesses and federal organizations dealing with a privacy breach can report the incident directly to the OPC.

Most requested

For individuals

For businesses

Date modified: