Here at the OPC we take privacy seriously, but sometimes a little humour can be a very effective way to drive the point home.
Image Long Descriptions
- "Ah, I see you’ve been rated as a ‘lousy tipper’ so I couldn’t possibly give you a table sir!"
- Garage sale
"Wow, look at this! The first cell phone, released in 1983!
Interesting… The same year as the last Privacy Act update!"
- Pawn shop
"This ring ain’t worth much, but I’ll give you fifty bucks for your personal information!"
- "My auto insurance just went up… My last data upload said I was driving too fast!"
- "I’m afraid you’ll have to go, son. When I accepted the terms on their website, I didn’t see that we had to give up our first born!"
- "You must be this tall and provide an iris scan to play on this equipment."
- "I’m posting ‘First tinkle, proud mama!’"
"You do know that will come back to haunt her when she’s fourteen!"
- "Mr. Tracker, can you please describe to the court Lucy’s heart rate and sleep patterns before the accident?"
- "Like us on our social site and get a free chili chicken taco!"
"One chili chicken taco for Diane, who lives at 253 Centre Street, Apartment 305!"
- "Don, I appreciate that you’re trying to follow the company’s new e-mail policy, but pig latin is not an effective form of encryption!"
- "Mary Landry, your maternity leave has been approved."
"I’m Marty Landry, and I’m pretty sure I’m not pregnant!"
"That’s what I’ve been doing since last night!"
- "I can assure you that our concern for protecting personal information is very deep-seated!"
- "Is my dad ever going to laugh when he sees himself on Youtube!"
- "Every time i go on-line and say i really like to rock, i get a pop-up ad for this chair!"
- "I think the employees are on to our hidden cameras"
- "We really didn't have to strip search you...we just needed a laugh!"
- "Of course i value my privacy...that's why i only share my personal information with 700 of my closest friends!"
- "Everything looks in order...now, if you'll just fill out a little personal information!"
- "Personal Information Vault. Facebook guy: How's this? Privacy Commissioner: Much better!"
- "Do you mind looking over my shoulder?"
- "Don't worry, everything in your medical file is strictly confidential!"
- "At least we can have lunch without the boss looking over our shoulders!"
- "Well, it sure doesn't look like an air freshener to me!"
- "What makes you think i'm being targeted?"
- "It's just a little test we give to all our job applicants. There's a pencil, some paper and that little cup is for a urine sample!"
- "The boss gave me flowers for my birthday...Isn't that thoughtful?"
- "It's been completely reconditioned...and for an extra fifty bucks i'll put back all the juicy stuff i found on this guy's hard drive!"
- "I know that you're worried about losing your personal identification, dear, but surely there are better ways of protecting it!"
- "Hello, is this the doctor's office?... Thank you for sending me all that information, but my name isn't Amber and i'm pretty sure i'm not pregnant!"
- "Well, the room is nice, but that big pigeon is really starting to bother me!"
- "Did you see some boxes of confidential personal information? I left them on the floor right beside my desk!"
- "I feel like I know you so well... I just watched your live birth on your mom's facebook page!"
- "I finally found my own identity...and somebody stole it!"
- "I'm afraid it's just not that simple to get out of a social network, dear!"
- "I need you to explain this to me in twenty words or less!"
- "More pop-up ads cat food! You've been on my computer again, haven't you?"
- "I think you'll find our safeguards for protecting your personal information more than adequate!"
- "I remember when i wanted to get in shape to look good on vacation...Now i do it to look good on airport naked body scans!"
- "No, i won't forget to wash my hands, now stop tracking me, mother!"
- "Ooh, check that cute guy! Forget it...He can't hold down a job, lives with his mother and collects salt and pepper shakers in the shape of farm animals!"
- "I'm sorry you're worreid about losing our personal information, ma'am, but I fix leaky taps, not leaky apps!"
- "Uhh, sorry, i would love to tell you, but we have respect...umm...Privacy Law!"
- "And exactly why do you need my social insurance number just to sell me a hot dog?"
- "This looks like a great idea, Mike! did you remember to do PIA? PIA?! Personal Income Accounting?! Public Input Arrangement?! Private Investigation Agency?! Pretty Interesting Anecdote?!"
- "If only i could get frequent flyer miles for the travels of my personal information!"
- "I suppose it would have been easier to build it in at the beginning!"
- "I told you someone was phishing and not to open that attachment!"
- "Talk about a coincidence...someone with the same name as you, who looks just like you, called his boss a big fat, pea-brained moron on Facebook!"
- "And now, for my next trick, i will guess your name, address, date of birth, bank account balance and where you have that special tattoo!"
- "I know so much about her from her social networking site that I can't think of a thing to ask her!...I know so much about him from his social networking site that I can't think of a thing to ask him!"
- "This is our new chief privacy officer... he takes his job rather seriously!"
- "Actually, we're interested in genomes, not gnomes!"
- "5,000 points on your rewards card....that's enough to get you something for that athlete's foot!"
- "Offhand, I'd say we have an accountability problem."
- "Ha! My new boyfriend is loaded! Looks like he's picking up the tab next time!"
- "I have identified the source of our privacy breach and dealt with it, Sir!"
- "Good morning, SWEETBUNS96...Sorry, Sir, didn't mean to call you by your online handle!"
- "I'm live-streaming this - can you speak directly into my techno-tie?"
- "I'm glad you took our privacy training session to heart, Bob, but there's really no need for the outfit!"
- "Why on earth are we suddenly getting pop-up ads for wedding rings and floral arrangements?"
- "I'd like to hire you, but according to your surfing habits, you're a dog person and we're all cat people here!"
- "Ignore it...it's just my dad's drone keeping an eye on us!"
- "There's a lot of sensitive personal information on this flash drive so handle it with care!"
- " I can assure you that our concern for protecting personal information is very deep-seated!"
- "How would you like to pay for your purchase today - cash, credit, or personal information?"
- "Before I download your app, my lawyer here would like to ask you a few questions!"
- "That's not quite what I meant when I told you to wipe those computers clean!"
- "A cartoon showing a person who is surprised to see four surveillance cameras sprouting from the back of the computer that he is using."
- "Enter passcode."
- "His diet's ok, but he hasn't been to the gym since January..."
- "Illustration depicts an individual using a computer and generating a data trail that is being held by a character representing the globe. It illustrates the idea that individuals using online devices can create data trails that can travel around the world."
- "Consent. Yes. No."
- "Illustration depicts a variety of ways that information from our body is collected and tracked by devices we use in our daily lives, for example fitness trackers and mobile devices."
- "They say an elephant never forgets! Neither does the internet!"
- "Hey, John your mom tweeted your raise again! From 83 to 85K/year. #SOPROUD #GOJOHN"
- "Ok, that takes care of all the locally stored customer info, but what about all the stuff in the cloud?"
- "No ice cream until you walk five more kilometres!"
- "I'll need to photocopy your driver's license."
- "Sorry, I'm a little short on my rent this month! And yet our surveillance camera saw you carrying in a big screen TV yesterday!"
- "I don't know why I spend so much money on toys when little Amelia just plays with that one!"
- "Why so glum? Maybe because you bought that tie from us in the mid-90's? Why not cheer yourself up with a new tie during our big tie sale?"
- "Is everything connected to the internet? Just about, eh, toaster? Except the cofeemaker... he needs an upgrade!"
- "AHH! Who are you?! The ghost of your internet past!"
- "Speed up! Speed up! No way! Our car talks to the insurance company!"
- "Do you agree to us using your information however we want?
- "Well, I guess our appliances are communicating more than we are!"
- Employment office
"I was caught looking up how much my neighbour owes on his house… you?
Snooped on my ex’s pay stubs!"
- "I knew it was spam when they said I was eligible for a tax refund… I haven’t even done my taxes!"
- Neighbourhood drone photography
$ 10.00 per print
$ 100.00 to delete original
- "Nowadays, I’m feeling that my personal information is travelling more than I am!"
- "I know our password should be at least eight characters, but P-A-S-S-W-O-R-D seems a little weak!"
- "I’ll trade you my peanut butter sandwich and my password for a slice of your pizza!"
- "Dang, first they steal my identity, then they steal my secret identity!"
- "My app says you stopped at the donut shop… Did you happen to get any with sprinkles?"
- "I only meant to invite my friends, but I guess I forgot to adjust my privacy settings!"
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: