Data Privacy Day
On January 28, Canada and many countries around the world celebrate Data Privacy Day. Data Privacy Day highlights the impact technology is having on our privacy rights and underlines the importance of valuing and protecting personal information.
For the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada, Data Privacy Day is an opportunity to highlight key issues, the role of our Office, and the resources we have developed for individuals, businesses and federal institutions to foster awareness of privacy rights and obligations.
For more information on Data Privacy Day, visit the official website hosted by StaySafeOnline.org: Data Privacy Day official website.
2019 Data Privacy Day Resource
Know your privacy rights – poster
This poster highlights a few tips for understanding and exercising privacy rights.
The poster is downloadable so it can be reproduced. For best results, select Ledger size (11 x 17), and “fit to screen” when printing.
Know Your Privacy Rights!
- Read up on the basics of Canada’s federal privacy laws.
- Learn how the federal government handles your personal information.
- Find out about a business’ obligations with respect to your personal information.
- Discover how to raise a privacy concern with an organization.
- Remember, you have the right to access and correct your personal information.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: