Printable information card: 5 Ways to Safeguard Your Mobile Device
This information card highlights a few tips for protecting your mobile device.
It is downloadable so it can be reproduced.
However, you can also request copies by emailing us at email@example.com.
Mobile devices can hold huge amounts of personal information.
Here are 5 ways to safeguard against loss, theft or threats, such as viruses and spyware:
- Change default or factory passwords.
- Avoid public hotspots for sensitive transactions.
- Use automatic lock features, requiring a password, swipe pattern or PIN to open the device.
- Only download apps from trusted sources.
- Keep your devices, software and apps up-to-date.
To learn more about privacy and mobile devices, visit priv.gc.ca/mobile-devices
Download printable information card
(PDF, 225 KB)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: