Report a concern
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC) can help individuals and organizations identify, address and report concerns related to possible mishandling of personal information. There are numerous ways to connect with the OPC if you need to:
- find the information you need on a variety of privacy issues;
- talk to us about a potential privacy concern; or
- report a concern.
There are several organizations in Canada that deal with privacy-related issues. Use this simple tool to help you determine which organization may be best suited to help you.
OPC Information Officers are available to discuss your privacy concerns and provide information that may help you resolve the problem quickly.
Use this online form to share a privacy comment or concern without filing a formal complaint.
If you have been unable to resolve a privacy issue directly with the organization handling your personal information, you may be able to file a formal complaint with the OPC.
- Victim of identity theft
- Giving your driver’s licence or social insurance number
- Raise a privacy concern with a business or government organization
- Asking for your personal information
- Where to report a privacy concern
- Date modified: