PIPEDA Fair Information Principle 8 – Openness
Your responsibilities as a business
- Comply with all 10 of the principles of Schedule 1.
- Inform your customers, clients and employees that you have policies and practices for the management of personal information.
- Make these policies and practices understandable and easily available.
How to fulfill these responsibilities
- Ensure your front-line staff is familiar with the procedures for responding to people’s inquiries regarding their personal information.
- Make the following available:
- name or title and address of the person who is accountable for your organization's privacy policies and practices
- name or title and address of the person to whom access requests should be sent
- how an individual can gain access to their personal information
- how an individual can complain to your organization
- brochures or other information that explain your organization's policies, standards or codes
- a description of what personal information is made available to other organizations (including your subsidiaries) and why it is disclosed.
- Information about these policies and practices should be made available in person, in writing, by telephone, in publications or on your organization's website. The information presented should be consistent, regardless of the format.
- Date modified: