10 Privacy Tips for Businesses Infographic
10 Privacy Tips for Businesses
- Limit your collection and retention of personal information.
- Know what personal information you collect, where you store it and what you do with it.
- Ensure staff receive appropriate privacy protection training.
- Limit and monitor access to personal information and take appropriate action when an employee accesses information without authorization.
- Think twice before collecting sensitive personal information, such as driver’s licenses.
- Inform customers if you are using video surveillance.
- Protect personal information on laptops, USB keys and portable hard drives through technological safeguards such as encryption and password protection.
- Respond to requests for access to personal information in a timely manner.
- Make sure your customers know who to speak to if they have questions about privacy.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: